A few weeks ago I helped a friend who was having apartment-blahs. We weren't going for drastic change, just enough to feel different. And our goal was under $40 and start-to-finish done in one evening.
Here's the Everyday-Girl-Awesomeness Transformation
How we did it:
- The #1 difference was made by hanging simple sheer curtains (all materials from Target).
- Cleared off all the things that naturally pile up on desks.
- Important papers went into a vertical file box (also from Target)
- Current books in rotation stayed on the desk, all other books got stacked on the floor underneath a table next to the desk in neat piles. It's a studio-we had to get creative
- Added: My favorite Calendar from Etsy and a framed personal memento, a glass jar to hold odds and ends and a bunch of sunflowers as a treat.